JUST CALL ME "ANDERSON"

Posted by Posted by Dark Beige On 20:12



By Gary Anderson, formerly known as "Angry Anderson"

Hi there. I'm Gary Anderson, born on 5 August 1947 in Melbourne to an Australian father and Mauritian mother. I first came to notice as the singer with Buster Brown, a band I fronted between 1973 and 1975.

Then I joined the band Rose Tattoo, recording 6
studio albums until disbanding the group in 1987, by which time I was the only member remaining from the first touring line-up. By this time I had established myself as an advocate on social issues and made regular appearances on the TV program A Current Affair as a human interest reporter.

In 1987 I had my biggest hit when the ballad "Suddenly" from the Beats from a Single Drum album was used as the wedding theme for the episode of Neighbours where popular characters Scott and Charlene married. The track reached #1 in Australia and # 3 in Britain.

In the early years of the 2000s I participated in and organised a string of charity events. In 2002 I played with former members of The Angels at the Bali Relief concert in Perth, held in aid of victims of the Bali bombs. I'm also heavily involved in the work of the Dunn Lewis Youth Development Foundation, which is a lasting legacy of two of the 88 Australian lives lost in the bombings.

I'm just much more chilled out these days; so much so that I've dropped the "angry" moniker. If I was to see Scott and Charlene marry now, I don't think I could raise more than a mild temper as I belted out "Suddenly" - it's funny how times change, as back in 87, I was ready to kill a man.

Even when I talk about those Muslim immigrants, I'm merely "Irate Anderson" - honest.



I'm reading: JUST CALL ME "ANDERSON"TWEET THIS!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Post a Comment